3.8.08

MiHi Horse



i could sit here and moan about stuff all day. i've recently become a grownup so i think i've won the right to do so. like moaning at my neighbours for making too much noise, for example.

that's old.

like moaning about boy racers. oh the noise they make with their loud 'performance' exhausts and maltuned turbos as they hoon up and down wontonly. bleeding waste of resources, that's what it is. tyre rubber, fuel, and other stuff that they consume.

that's old.

i could moan the whole winter away; get bogged down beneath a pile of soggy, nearly dry washing, cursing the price of electricity, swearing at the rain, protesting against the frosts.

old!
old!

meanwhile i forget the new. the long long list of firsts that rocket past on a daily basis.
first proper sitting up by myself.
first pee on the potty!
first falling asleep on cafe table.

i forget to embrace the sweet joy of innocence and to see things through my son's eyes.
or hear things through my son's ears.

why bother being old when i can sneakily have a chance to revive my newness, to recycle my youth- bring it out, polish it and give it another whirl.
somebody once said you're only young once. twas probably me. what a pile of sh1t. you're as young as often and for as long as you like.
somebody once muttered something about life's too short to .... what a load of cr@p. unless of course you're referring to moaning (other than in ecstacy, which is on the list) or harbouring negative whatsits .

get off your flaming rectum and go and have a look! see. smell. listen....
(unless of course you're currently at work being paid to surf, in which case: carry on!)

ok, that was the entry from My High Horse this week.
next week i will probably be dishing out humble apologies left and right. perhaps i should create a hyperlink...

xxxx
b

oh, ps, it's got nothing to do with my being vegetarian, but is it just me? or is the whole world suffering from an irony deficiency?

No comments: